Reports To: Shipping Manager
Job Summary: The CDL Class-A Driver will move and receive transfer requests from one location to another as instructed by the Shipping Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follows an efficient delivery and pick-up route each day.
- Loads vehicle with inventory scheduled for pick-up/drop-off when requested.
- Delivers material to correct location in a timely manner.
- Picks up material along the scheduled route, including items to be returned, company requests, and other items as requested.
- Maintains basic records of truck mileage and deliveries made.
- Ensures that transfer vehicle receives basic service according to maintenance schedule; reports larger service needs and mechanical issues to supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Ability to drive safely.
- Ability to use navigation tools such as onboard GPS, Innovo app, and/or web-based or physical maps.
- Ability to plan and execute delivery routes as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to maintain basic logs and records.
- Ability to carry out a series of instructions without constant supervision.
- Able to remain professional and courteous at all times.
- Valid drivers license, CDL Class-A license, and clean driving record
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds regularly.
- Must be able to load and unload packages with and without hand-truck or pallet jack in various types of weather.