Reports To: Warehouse Manager
Job Summary: The Inventory Control Specialist will maintain the organizations inventory, ordering and supplying necessary items while maintaining accurate records of all procurements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains consistent stock of inventory, ordering new stock up to pre-authorized limit as inventory dwindles.
- Establishes and maintains backup locations for high-demand items.
- Assesses inventory reports and order patterns to identify items in need of automatic, recurring delivery.
- Provides inventory reports to Purchasing Manager and Warehouse Manager.
- Maintains accurate daily records of goods received and shipments made.
- Manages and maintains inventory system; facilitates upgrades to related database and/or software under the direction of the Purchasing or Warehouse Manager.
- Conducts frequent spot and partial audits of physical inventory.
- Assists with periodic (at least annual) physical inventory audits.
- Operates forklift truck when necessary.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
- Excellent communication skills with warehouse workers, purchasing department, and VP of Operations.
- Basic understanding of inventory control procedures.
- Proficient keyboarding skills.
- Extremely organized and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to develop professional relationships with outside vendors.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience with computerized inventory systems required.
- Forklift operator certification.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds at times.
- Must be able to navigate warehouse and reach items both high and low.